Saturday, August 23, 2008

Hola, paquenos.


I haven't updated in awhile. I apologize. I doubt anyone really reads this anyhow.

I've taken several pictures since the one below, I feel like I've progressed. I feel like eventually, I'll know what the hell I'm doing with this thing.

Today, I was with Mel to take engagement pictures for her cousin, Kathy and her fiance, Chris. They'd talked to me a few times about it, but I really didn't prepare for the shoot at all, so we just winged the whole thing and went downtown for the day to take pictures. I was worried and frustrated with the sun, because it's apparently closed on Saturday's, and I felt really kind of exposed by.. well.. the overexposure. We pushed through and took several poses in several outfits, I was pleased with the experience and we had a ridiculously good day. After the shoot, which wrapped up right around 6:30ish, they split and we went to process the film.

I must say, I'm inexplicably lazy when it comes to processing film. I discovered that the people at Walgreen's feverhorently deny having any ability to process film that doesn't come from Walmart and isn't full of gradient and they will murder you if they question them.. but I discovered that they're apt to developing my favorite film, Portra, with the very common C-41 process... so that's what I do. I feel like it may have had an effect on the shoot, though, because the nice lady from Walgreen's let me know that my pictures were dark and she'd attempted to "brighten" them. Uhhuhhh. I thought I was taking the picture. As a whole though, the shoot did pull about 13 solid pictures, which I feel is plenty for an engagement package.


Either way, the whole process was very... trying. I don't like to feel so incapable and insecure when it comes to scenarios like the one I was in today.. I want to know that I'm going to get it right before I go in. I know the only way to do that is to force the knowledge into my own by.. well.. reading it.

I'd really like to grow at this.
I'd really like to be good.


and I really, really see that I need to buy a digital slr.



be well!

- casey.

No comments: