Sunday, February 10, 2008

Vote Obama



Originally uploaded by LightSpin.







Impromptu photoshoot.

I went downtown to swing by the Art Guild to inquire about joining up and utilize their in-house darkroom... annnd they were closed. So, I took some of the available time that I had to walk around the immediate downtown area to see if I couldn't find anything to shoot.. and lo, I came upon this wonderously empty parking garage smack dab in the center of downtown.

After a few shifty moves, I was walking around the upper levels thinking about what I could get.. I decided to focus most of my attention on utilizing the "HD" film I'd picked up earlier that day.. It's made by Kodak.. and I probably don't have to tell you that it's absolutely crap. The saturation on these shots is absolutely ridiculous. I suppose that by HD, they mean, "packed full of color." It makes me sad. I hit a fairly low f-stop to try and really hold true to the parking garage's feel.. very cold, very abandoned, very long and full. So, these are the few results that I did pull that I enjoyed. I got a few lessons on exposure from this set.. that's for sure.

And ignore the above picture's message:

Vote Barack Obama, not Ron Paul.

No comments: