Monday, December 17, 2007

Discouragement is temporary.



Originally uploaded by onehundredstars93.



I haven't taken pictures since my digital camera was stolen several months ago. I haven't had the will. I've had plenty of ways.. plenty of opportunity... I just haven't. I can't explain why, but for that period of time I lost any and all motivation in regards to photography.. and sans my girlfriend, pictured in these photos, my life has been something that I haven't been terribly proud of.

Tonight, I made a special effort to kind of .. return to roots? I wanted to capture Mel's simplicity.. her sheer, unedited beauty that didn't rely on photoshop. Only the black and white picture received any kind of editing and that was due to Walgreen's inability to print anything without screwing up my negatives. Woo woo!

So tonight's special for me. I refound what I loved about photography and embraced it more than I ever have before.. and it's rekindled something that I thought I'd lost.

I hope you enjoy these as much as I have.

My girlfriend is beautiful. I'm so lucky.

No comments: